There are many types of in-house printed materials that you currently use for your business, from corporate letterhead to business cards for all of your employees. The right printed material conveys professionalism and stability to customers and potential customers – when it is done right. Why stability? When a company uses their own printed materials, it suggests that the business has been around long enough to develop their own line of supplies. However, to ensure your in-house stationary exudes the right image, there are a few factors to keep in mind.
Errors in spelling and grammar leave a poor first impression on potential clients. Spell-check all of your printed materials multiple times to ensure there are no mistakes. Have someone else proofread the item prior to printing as well, since a second pair of eyes is more likely to detect subtle discrepancies.
Photos are an essential element in professional printed material, but only when the pictures are of the highest quality. Crisp, clear photos that include a caption are your best bet. Limit photos to those that really add to your message – too many photos distract and clutter the material.
It seems obvious, but many companies inadvertently leave this important piece of information off their printed material. A company name, address and phone number are just as important as your Internet information if you want to show stability and build consumer confidence.
Color printing costs more, but is worth the additional expense with the professional image it conveys. If your budget is really tight, opt for printing in just two colors. Keep in mind that quality is even more important than color, so don’t compromise in this area just to make your brochures and letterhead more colorful.
Too much text gives a cluttered appearance, while additional white space is pleasing to the eye. Limit text by only adding the most essential information and use white space wisely to ensure people will actually read the information you send out.
Printed material done right lets your customers know you are a business that is in for the long haul. Simple in-house stationary, business cards and brochures enhance your business image and increase consumer confidence in your company.
Marketing your business often begins with printed materials distributed to current and potential customers. There are plenty of options, from stationary you use in your office to signage used to broadcast your business to the outside world. Savvy business owners learn how to use various printing options to their benefit, ensuring every piece is used to expand the business.
Inside the Office
When it comes to printed materials used inside your office, the possibilities are nearly endless. Moving beyond traditional company letterhead, consider office supplies like:
- Business Cards – the standard cards now come in more sizes, shapes and styles than ever before
- Brochures – whether educating customers about your company or alerting them to your services, brochures are an excellent mode of communication
- Product Sheets – promotional material used to highlight a specific product and provide instructions for use
- Presentation Folders – organizes materials for a presentation with your business identity all over them
- Annual Reports – make boring reports more interesting to board members with personalized printing
- Special Event Brochures – big events should be marketed in a big way and a snazzy brochure listing details of the event can be an effective approach
- Recruitment Materials – attract top notch talent to your team with the most eye-catching recruitment materials in your industry
Outside the Office
Marketing is not strictly an internal affair, so here are some ideas for moving your marketing out of the office:
- Direct Mail – a tried but true approach that is still effective for many companies today
- Magazines and Newsletters – educate potential customers about your industry while enticing them into your business
- Posters – designed big to get noticed, posters can be placed nearly anywhere potential customers might lurk
- Promotional Calendars – a great way to remind customers of your business all year long
- Promotional Products – from coffee cups to pens, these items get passed to plenty of potential clients
- Trade Show Graphics – make your industry booth stand out from the rest with printing designed for impact
This is just a smattering of the printing options available to companies today. When you choose your printed materials with promotion in mind, the money spent on printing will translate into a bigger bottom line for your company.