- A catalog, regardless of your business, is the most effective way of providing your customers with precise details regarding your goods or services. Best of all, the quality photographs entice them into buying your goods or services. A catalog allows you to print details about your goods or services; details you may otherwise have difficulty getting across to your customers.
- Catalogs are easily distributed to your customers or clients. Regardless of whether you are selling to retailers, distributors or customers, catalogs are the easiest way to get your information and services into the right hands. Plus, catalogs are a great way to gain valuable exposure.
- Catalogs convey your company sales information better than any other type of medium. Radio and television ads are splashed in front of consumers’ eyes for seconds, and Web quality pales in comparison to the overall quality of a catalog. A catalog can stay in front of a consumer for as long as needed, thereby allowing them to make better, more thoughtful decisions.
- Catalogs, when compared to other forms of marketing or advertising, are incredibly cost effective. In other words, think of the number of catalogs you could print and distribute for the cost of one television commercial! In addition, businesses with small advertising and marketing budgets will often turn to catalogs because they give them the most bang for their buck.
- Catalogs are an investment for your business. Unlike other forms of marketing or advertising, quality, printed catalogs can produce income for your business for an extended period of time. Consider that, simply by producing one catalog design per year, you can reap the benefits for an entire calendar year. Not many other forms of marketing or advertising have the longevity that catalogs have.
For companies that provide products, a catalog is the foundation for any marketing campaign. While companies like Sears built their empire on catalogs, even in today’s internet world, catalogs still play an important role in stimulating sales. Catalog printing may include a compilation of illustrations, photos, graphics and marketing copy that helps a reader make buying decisions. However, what can really make your catalog stand out and promote better sales? Here are three great tips for better catalog printing. Catalog Printing Tip #1: Colorize! If you want a stunning presentation for your customers, start by designing a catalog with lots of brilliant color. Black and white catalogs can be useful for providing a simple price list of products, but catalog printing that includes top quality color product photos, colorful borders, and brilliant graphics can really catch the attention of a potential customer. Catalog Printing Tip #2: Size Matters Catalog printing generally comes in two sizes. The standard catalog printing size is 8-3/8″ x 10-7/8″, and the digest size is 5-3/8″ x 8-3/8″. Before you design your catalog for printing, take into consideration how you want to display your items, how you distribute your catalog, and total catalog printing cost. Larger catalogs are great for providing larger photos and more product detail, but can be expensive to print and mail. Digest size catalogs are great for sending via US Postal Service, but the space is limited. You can save a lot of money by deciding beforehand which size works best for your business. Catalog Printing Tip #3: Choose a Professional Designer Your catalog is an important marketing document. Poorly designed catalogs that look sloppy, too busy, or are confusing will not help your sales. Catalog printing should be appealing to the eye and easy to read. Professional graphic designers can design a catalog cleverly using photos, borders, illustrations, fonts, headings, and that all important “white space.” Choose a designer who has training in professional design and has quality samples of previous work. They may cost a little more, but the end result will be a catalog that puts more profit in your business. Since your catalog printing is an important marketing endeavor, doesn’t it pay to do it right in order to generate the most sales? Stick with these tips and your catalogs will end up dazzling and help your bottom line.