We all want to make environmentally sensitive decisions these days, whether in our personal lives or our small business affairs. There are a number of ways we can promote our small businesses while making smart choices that are kind to the environment.
Enter the world of green printing!
What toll does it take on the environment to produce virgin paper and chlorine-bleached paper? Razing forests, leaking carcinogens into ground water and adding toxins to the environment, for starters. However, there are ways for us to embrace the concept of green printing so our carbon footprint is reduced.
If your small business can reduce the amount of paper you use, you’re the lucky few, as most small businesses rely on printed marketing materials to effectively run their business and make money. However, printing green can send a strong message to your clients and customers.
In addition to doing something good for the environment, green printing can do wonders for your business reputation, and it may even be able to save you on your printing costs.
Here are just some of the ways in which you can turn green printing into a positive endeavor for your company:
- Choose printing paper that is made from 100 percent post-consumer waste. This paper should be chlorine-free and should be uncoated. In addition, there are also several paper companies that use renewable energy sources to produce their paper, thereby further helping the environmentally friendly cause.
- When printing, choose vegetable-based inks or soy inks instead of their petroleum-based counterparts. Vegetable and soy-based inks are not only VOC-free, but they are often easy on the wallet.
- Consider eliminating bindings, adhesives or foil stamps in your packaging. The fewer resources you use in your marketing materials, the greener the result.
- Save paper (and money in the process) by asking your printer to use standard, press-sheet sizes. Both your budget and the earth will thank you.
- Reduce the number of inks you use in your marketing materials. Choose a design with just one or two colors; this will save the amount of ink used to produce your marketing materials and will also likely cut down on your printing costs.
Who knew that being green could also add more green to your bottom line? Talk to Avanti Printing today to learn more about how you can enjoy greener printing.